Bexley Stop Smoking Service
Would you like to stop smoking, but need some advice on the best place to start?
Let the Bexley stop smoking team be your first point for local support.
If you’re a smoker and you live or work in Bexley, they are there to offer free advice, guidance and moral support.
The best reason to stop smoking is because you want to. However, smoking is a very powerful addiction and you’re less likely to succeed if you give up on your own. Evidence shows that smokers are four times more likely to stop smoking with the help of their local stop smoking service.
We all know the many health benefits to giving up smoking and all Bexley’s GP surgeries and some local pharmacies have trained advisors on hand to offer you one to one advice as you make that life-changing shift from smoker to non-smoker. The Stop Smoking team is also able to provide free support five days a week at the following locations:
- Mondays: Erith District Hospital, Park Crescent, by appointment, 9am to 11am
- Tuesdays: Queen Mary’s Hospital in Sidcup, by appointment, 5.30pm until 7.30pm
- Wednesdays: the Mobile Quit Bus based outside Morrisons in Erith, 9.30am to 1.30pm - no appointment necessary or at Sidcup Library, Hadlow Road, by appointment 5pm-7pm
- Thursdays: drop-in support at Central Library Bexleyheath, 4.45pm to 6.45pm no appointment necessary
- Fridays: Sidcup Library,Hadlow Road, by appointment, 10am to 1pm (bookable appointments)
Call 0800 7832514 to book an appointment.
If you are pregnant and want to quit, the Bexley stop smoking team can provide advice and support to stop.
If you would like more information about any services, to join a group, or access GP-based support, contact us on:
- 0800 783 2514
- Follow the Bexley Stop Smoking Service on Twitter: @SmokefreeBexley or Facebook