Work for NHS Bexley CCG
Bexley lies within the south-east corner of Greater London, with good transport links to central London, the Kent countryside and the coast.
The borough covers 23 square miles, stretching from the Thames in the north to Kent in the south.
It is made up of different neighbourhoods: Belvedere, Thamesmead, Erith, Slade Green, Welling, Sidcup, Crayford, Foots Cray, Blackfen, Bexleyheath and Bexley, each with its own distinct history and identity.
Some 232,000 people live in the borough – 60 per cent are of working age and a sixth are of school age. Around eight per cent of local people are from minority ethnic communities.
Approximately 50,000 residents work outside Bexley, although the borough itself has some 68,000 jobs, with Belvedere the second largest manufacturing area in the capital.
Why work for NHS Bexley CCG?
NHS Bexley CCG is a dynamic, innovative and patient-focused organisation and is responsible for planning, buying (or ‘commissioning’) and monitoring healthcare for Bexley residents.
The CCG has approximately 60 staff across three directorates – commissioning, finance and quality and governance – and works closely with: London Borough of Bexley (particularly to develop and commission integrated services), its CCG neighbours in south-east London and Kent, patients, the voluntary and community sectors and providers of local healthcare.
The CCG has a strong rapport with its 27 member practices, who are engaged with all aspects of clinical commissioning.
To find out more about some of the CCG’s recent successes, please download a copy of the 2014/15 annual report.
Benefits of working at NHS Bexley CCG:
- Dynamic workforce
- Strong leadership
- Committed governing body
- Very engaged member practices
- Focus on patient engagement with highly-developed engagement programme
- Transformational approach to providing healthcare
- Flexibility – good work/life balance
- Peaceful office location – just a five minute walk from Barnehurst railway station serving London Bridge, London Waterloo East, London Charing Cross, London Victoria and London Canon Street. There is ample, free on-site parking. The office is also well connected to local bus routes linking the CCG to its local hospitals – Queen Mary’s hospital in Sidcup and Erith hospital.
- Short walk to the local town centre
- Focus on wellbeing – lunchtime Pilates, walking meetings, health screenings, flu jabs, wellbeing training and development, staff room, faith room, free refreshments (tea, coffee and milk) and free bicycle hire/storage
- Training opportunities – monthly lunch and learn sessions to help staff understand the CCG’s various functions, roles and responsibilities, personal development and regular generic training opportunities open to all staff
- Opportunities to learn more about and help to shape and develop the CCG – bi-annual staff away days, monthly staff briefings with the chief officer, fortnightly bulletins, interactive intranet, directorate meetings, staff network and staff recognition awards
NHS Bexley CCG routinely advertises employment opportunities on the NHS jobs website.
The CCG hopes the information and other publications on this website will help those interested in applying for vacant posts.
The CCG would also like to thank, in advance, those applying for vacant posts, which often require significant time investment and commitment.
Developing the CCG’s workforce enables the organisation to deliver improved health outcomes for the local population.